- GEORGE BROULIDAKIS has joined The Granite Group’s business development team to head up a new initiative focused on well and water systems. Broulidakis previously worked at Redlon & Johnson (Ferguson) where he held many different roles. He brings extensive product knowledge and sales experience working with water well customers, as well as plumbing contractors.
- F.W. Webb announced the hiring of LAURA PLAYER, CPSM, as its new director of marketing. In this role, Player leads the marketing strategy for F.W. Webb and Frank Webb Home, and their related lines of business, across wholesale retail and e-commerce channels. Player brings 10 years of marketing experience to the role, having most recently worked in the commercial and residential construction industry.
LIXIL recently appointed TREY NORTHRUP as its new leader of LIXIL Americas, home to brands American Standard, GROHE and DXV. Northrup will drive growth through innovation and enhance organized culture, while continuing to build an inclusive and diverse culture that empowers employees to improve speed and flexibility in how the company operates, the manufacturer explained. Northrup joins LIXIL after nearly 20 years with Whirlpool Corp.
- The board of directors of Dallas-based American Fire Sprinkler Association announced the unanimous selection of ROBERT G. CAPUTO, CFPS, as the association’s president. AFSA and its federation of 31 chapters serve as North America’s largest fire sprinkler industry organization.
SCHOCK North America, a manufacturer of quartz/granite composite kitchen sinks, named MARC NOVER CEO.
- For the fourth time in five years, Meridian, Mississippi-based SOUTHERN PIPE & SUPPLY was named to the “Top 100 Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work for in America” list by Fortune magazine. Southern Pipe & Supply has more than 115 locations in seven states, and is the only distributor in the U.S. to make the Fortune list. To be considered for the honor, companies must submit an application documenting more than 200 data points describing their human resource programs and practices, and the award is given based on anonymous feedback from employees. Ninety-four percent of Southern Pipe respondents rate the company as a great place to work, compared to the national average of 59%. Forty-six percent of Southern Pipe respondents have been with the company for more than five years and 29% more than 10 years.
JONES STEPHENS is offering prepackaged PPE kits to contractors and other businesses. The three kits include: Kit 1: One mask, one hand sanitizer and one pair of gloves; Kit 2: One mask, one hand sanitizer, one pair of gloves, shoe covers and disinfectant spray; and Kit 3: One mask, one hand sanitizer, one pair of gloves, shoe covers and sanitizing wipes.
- MANSFIELD PLUMBING announced FUTURA SALES is its new manufacturers representative in the New England territory. Kenneth Wilensky, president of Futura Sales, along with the Futura team, will rep Mansfield in all six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont).