Top 10 Products Of 2004
1. American PlumberThe cabinet water softener is made of molded plastic, requires 8.43 cubic feet of space and holds up to 225 pounds of salt. The company says it reduces mineral deposits, iron stains, scale build-up, soap film and water spots on pans, glassware, sinks and tubs, and it extends the useful life of water-using household appliances.
2. Elkay Mfg. Co.The institutional and scullery sinks brochure features institutional sinks, lavatories, urinals, faucets, sensor faucets, fittings, and scullery sinks. Included are scrub-up, wash-up, service, multiple-station, floor, and cup sinks; surgeon's, wash-up, and accessible lavatories; multiple-station urinals; and myriad faucets, fittings, and custom-designed products.
3. LenoxThe Gold™ reciprocating saw blades are a new line of engineered bi-metal blades with a titanium nitride-based coating and a new patented tooth design. The company said in its independent testing, it found the blade lasts twice as long as competitive blades and cuts faster.
4. Armstrong Pumps (S.A.)The circuit balancing valves are 1/2 to 2 inches and can be installed with the measuring ports facing up or down. The non-rising handle ensures the overall valve height remains the same whether it is opened or closed. They are designed to be selected based on line size.
5. A.O. SmithThe ProMax® XL Circulating Loop Heat Exchanger is designed for installation with ProMax® SL residential gas water heaters to provide domestic hot water plus an isolated source of hot water for radiant floor heating, fan coil heating, hydronic air-handling units and other closed-loop applications. It is offered in 28,000 or 52,000 Btu output models (at 140˚F temperatures) and features a compact, efficient brazed plate heat exchanger.
6. Little Giant Pump Co.The new ES50D and ES33D models are energy-saving, high-performance fully submersible sewage/effluent/high capacity sump pumps. They have a piggyback diaphragm switch designed for the professional plumbing contractor. The ES50D model has a 1/2 HP permanent split capacitor motor, and the ES33D model has a 1/3 HP permanent split capacitor motor, for high starting and running torque and a low amp draw to conserve electrical energy.
7. HeatlinkThis 27-page condensed installation guide is designed to help professionals select a system type with a matching control strategy. The book covers system selection (wet, DryAbove, DryBelow), heat loss / design, site preparation, how to choose the proper manifold, the do's and don'ts of installing PEX, basic wiring requirements, control system categories, and system start-up.
8. Zoeller Pump Co.The 841 3.0 HP grinder pump is new to the “Shark Series.” These pumps can be used in small lift stations, housing developments, or pressure sewers. Standard features include a corrosion-resistant epoxy powder coat, hardened
stainless steel cutter, class F windings, dual mechanical seals with leak detection, thermal overload protection, upper and lower ball bearing construction, and bronze vortex impeller.