So you’re saying: Okay, Darlington, what’s the frustration? As many of you know, I teach a couple of all-day workshops. One is on basic business management and the other is on showroom selling skills. I’m also privileged to do quite a bit of consulting to wholesalers that operate showrooms. The following explains why my frustration runneth over:
I’m running out of room - but here are several more bullets that YOU, the bosses, need to consider as they pertain to your showroom business.
- How well your showroom business runs starts at the top
- You need a list of 25+/- Showroom Best Practices.
- Develop a compensation program that rewards sales and gross margin.
- Establish sales and margin goals for each salesperson and
- Is your location and are your showroom hours customer
- Should you be looking for greater diversification of
- Do you have job descriptions for all showroom employees?
- Do you do at least one annual performance evaluation?
- Do you have a formal training program?
- Do you have a policy and procedures manual for your showroom?
The list could go on and on. Thanks for letting me vent - it’s only because I care! But I won’t feel really good until YOU, the owners and managers, really accept the challenge to get more involved with your showroom businesses. There’s such an incredible opportunity waiting for you.
If there is anything I can do to assist you, send me an e-mail or pick up the phone. I truly do want to help!
Report Abusive Comment