State Of The Industry Report
- New system sales and professional services, since the Y2K phenomena, are expected to continue for the next three years.
- Legacy systems will be replaced by systems that are easier to use.
- The demand for products to be “interoperable” or the ability of different systems to work together on a common task is growing.
- “Software as a service” and “Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)” are buzz words that will be heard five years down the line.
- XML will become the preferred approach for describing all forms of data.
- Over the next four to six years, the wholesale distribution market is expected to adopt this new technology.