Over the past year, a team of writers, content experts, photographers, graphic designers, editors and others has completely overhauled the original Introduction to Pipe, Valves and Fittings course.
The new certificate course features:
- Updated content
- All new photographs and illustrations
- Updated quizzes that the learner can self-correct
- New “Applying What You Have Learned” segment in each lesson
- Expanded Glossary
- New, 60-question multiple choice exam
Introduction to Pipe Valves and Fittings is organized into 3 major chapters with short quizzes every few pages, which the students can correct themselves. The course also provides a 60-question multiple-choice exam, graded by the ASA Education Foundation, and a Certificate of Completion for those who earn a passing grade.
Employees who complete Introduction to Pipe, Valves and Fittings will be able to:
- Recognize and use basic terms related to pipe, valves and fittings
- Discuss the basic materials used to manufacture common pipe, valves and fittings
- Differentiate between supply and DWV systems
- Read basic pipe, valve and fitting specifications
- Describe common types of valves and how they are used
- Explain the use of valves in typical household plumbing
If you would like to discuss the program in more detail and learn how to integrate it into your current training, please contact the ASA Education Foundation at 312-464-0090.