Emerson Climate Technologies Surveys Homeowners
- More than three out of four Americans (77%) with central air conditioning say they have never heard of the federally mandated SEER rating.
- More than a third of homeowners indicate they did not have their home's central air conditioner inspected or serviced by a professional contractor in the past year, and the same percentage do not plan to this year.
- One-third of homeowners would consider purchasing a high-efficiency two-stage air conditioner that provides more even temperature and humidity control.
- 43% of respondents would consider installing a programmable thermostat.
- 49% with central air conditioning are likely to consider installing or using more ceiling fans.