Affiliated Distributors named Piping and Equipment Co. (Conyers, Ga.) as Affiliate of the Year in the marketing group's industrial PVF division and Wheatland Tube as PVF Supplier of the Year. The awards were made Sept. 17 at A-D's annual North American meeting here.
Other award recipients in the PVF division included the following:
- Piping and Equipment Inc. (Houston) for Customer Satisfaction;
- F.W. Webb Co. (Burlington, Mass.) for Excellence in Integrated Marketing for an Affiliate;
- Grinnell Corp. for Excellence in Integrated Marketing for a Supplier;
- First Supply Group (Madison, Wis.) for Applied Technology:
- Wm. Powell Co. for Best A-D Exclusive Sales Promotion, and
- Kelly Pipe Co. (Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.) & Grinnell Corp. for Best Conversion to an A-D Supplier.
In other news, A-D announced a reorganization that is "consistent with our renewed commitment to the highest levels of focus and accountability within all areas of our operations," said President Bill Weisberg. The changes, which involve both promotions and new hires, are:
- Chris Hartmann has been appointed executive vice president/affiliate and supplier group;
- Steve Cosgrove, former president of Thrall Distribution, has joined A-D as senior vice president/business development;
- Dave Mirliss now serves as vice president/industrial PVF division;
- John Ludlam is the new vice president/operations for the national accounts group;
- Spencer Bolgard is now vice president/electrical supply division;
- Ted Sokolwski has been named vice president/affiliate and strategic supplier relations for electrical.
A-D also announced several executives have been appointed vice presidents/national accounts: Jim Erwood, Jim Jackson, Jim Malicki, Jim Murrel and Jeff Pease.
Within the organization's national contracts group, Mike Vita now serves as A-D's director/PVF contracts; Tom Wright is director/industrial supply division and integrated supply contracts; and Joe Marsilio is director/electrical supply division contracts.
Report Abusive Comment