May is a busy month for architects, designers and showroom consultants with three design shows back-to-back: The American Institute of Architects (AIA) convention meets in New Orleans May 12-14; International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) is held in New York May 14-17; and the Hospitality & Design Expo (HD) convenes in Las Vegas May 18-20.
New York-based showrooms operated by plumbing wholesalers, such as AF New York and Grande Central Showrooms, will host events during ICFF.
AF New York presents the AF DesignLab with Desai/Chia Architecture: Surface Series; Hariri & Hariri Architecture: Crystalline Series; Kevin Walz: Bath Walz; Messana O’Rorke: Building Blocks; and Yoshimi Kono: Kseries. The Grande Central showroom on Bond St. in New York City and Villeroy & Boch will co-host a “Play with Clay” party and pottery contest during ICFF. Attendees will be invited to create a miniature washbasin for the chance to win a trip to Germany.
Among the manufacturers and suppliers participating in these shows are:
- Axor, the designer brand of Hansgrohe, will show its newest fixtures by master designers Antonio Citterio and Philippe Starck at both AIA and ICFF. Russ Wheeler, president of Hansgrohe North America, will speak about "The Creation of the Axor Brand - The Entrepreneur's Approach" May 16 at ICFF.
- Ceramic Tiles of Italy will participate in both AIA and ICFF.
- Alcoa Architectural Products will introduce EcoClean and TOTO will demonstrate HYDROTECT at AIA.
- BLANCO announced it will launch new collections at ICFF.
- Duravit will unveil its “pools,” which combine bathtub design with sophisticated spa technology and are newly available in the U.S., at ICFF.
- GD Cucine, a European supplier of kitchen and bath furnishings, operates an 8,000-sq.-ft. two-level showroom in Chelsea, NY, where it will host a cooking demonstration and exhibition of Cleto Munari limited edition furnishings May 15.
- Kirei USA LLC, which offers Kirei Board, Kirei Bamboo, Kirei WheatBoard and Kirei Coco Tiles for architectural millwork and finished products in residential, commercial, hospitality and retail applications, manufactured from rapidly renewable or reclaimed agricultural byproducts and low-or-no-added urea formaldehyde adhesives, will exhibit at both ICFF and HD Expo.