People in the news
- Rheem Manufacturing Co.'s Air Conditioning Division named Steven P. Schmitt as manager/sales and distribution for its North Central Region. He is a 17-year veteran of the HVAC industry.
- Northeastern Supply (Baltimore) recently made the following promotions: Barry Taylor to branch manager of the Golden Ring, Md., facility; Larry Taylor to branch manager of the Bel Air, Md., store; Don Bartsch is regional manager for the Delmarva and Lancaster, Pa., branches; Bill Pritchett will oversee all other branches as regional manager; and Rick Yost is the new commercial sales manager.
- Progress Supply (Cincinnati) appointed Steve Schlewinsky as a Copeland Technical Specialist for the Cincinnati area. He will specialize in sizing coolers, freezers and refrigeration equipment.
Dates to remember
- The Slant/Fin Long Island Hydronic Heating Expo is scheduled for Oct. 3 and includes displays, demonstrations and seminars. Supply House Times hydronics columnist Dan Holohan will highlight a series of heating seminars. For more information, contact Phyllis Finkle at 516/484-2610, ext. 225, email@example.com.
- Metropac Industries expanded its winter hours to 6:30 p.m. EST beginning Sept. 4 and running through March 2002. Orders received by 6:15 p.m. EST will ship the same day. Summer hours will resume in April.