People in the news
- Weil-McLain named Robert Grussing as its new president. He succeeds Tom May, who is retiring after 20 years of service. Grussing is the former senior vice president/business development and strategic planning of Volvo Trucks North America.
- Rheem Manufacturing's Air Conditioning Division named Charles Holt as vice president/operations and Gary K. Hale as vice president/human resources. Holt spent his last 13 years at a major HVAC company. Hale formerly served as director/human resources for TRW Commercial Steering Division.
- The Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute appointed William G. Sutton as its president. He succeeds Clifford H. "Ted" Rees Jr., who is retiring Dec. 31 after eight years as ARI president.
- Honeywell's new "Energy Conservation with Comfort Manual and Handbook" is a step-by-step guide to setting up an energy conservation program. For a free copy and names of authorized distributors in your area, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800/345-6770, ext. 435.
- The Canadian Hydronics Council of the Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating has shipped more than 80 copies of the new CSA B214-01 code, "Installation Code for Hydronic Heating Systems." To order your copy, go to CIPH's Web site at www.ciph.com.