New F.W. Webb CD: Facts and figures
New Hampshire-based facility checks in at nearly 1 million square feet.
F.W. Webb recently opened its state-of-the-art new central distribution center in Londonderry, New Hampshire.
The facility has been open since early March. Here are some key facts and figures about the new CD:
- With the ability to stock up to 80,000 SKUs, the building more than doubles the capacity of the company’s former CD in Amherst, New Hampshire.
- At nearly 1 million square feet, the new CD is hailed as one of the largest buildings in the state.
- The state-of-the-art facility incorporates the latest technology in material handling and logistics.
- F.W. Webb has grown to become a $1 billion company with more than 90 locations across the Northeast and it continues to grow through acquisitions, the expansion of existing locations and new manufacturer relationships.
- “The new CD represents a major milestone. It supports present demand and future growth so we can better serve our manufacturing partners and customers,” F.W. Webb president Jeff Pope said.
- The new CD will increase selection of the latest and best products available and give customers access to the products they need, when and where they need them as F.W. Webb continues expanding its distribution base throughout the Northeast, the company explained.
- Green Leaf Construction was recognized for its work on the project with a Silver Award from the New England Chapter of the Design Build Institute of America.
- More than 2,400 truckloads moved inventory from the previous CD to the new one.
- Inventory was moved over a five-day period, covering a distance that spanned more than 100,000 miles.
In other F.W. Webb news, the distributor announced it has entered into a sponsorship agreement with the New York Yankees. The sponsorship names F.W. Webb the official plumbing, heating, HVAC, refrigeration, pipe, valves and fittings supplier to the New York Yankees for 2018 through the 2021 baseball seasons. This marks the second Major League Baseball sponsorship for the company, which has been an official sponsor of the Boston Red Sox since 2006.
“As our business footprint grows, we are excited to expand our brand presence by teaming up with one of the most recognizable brands in the world,” Pope said. “We look forward to connecting with more customers in the Tri-State area through our shared love for baseball and a passion for winning.”
F.W. Webb, in business for more than 150 years, has received three Supply House of the Year recognitions from Supply House Times, the official publication of the American Supply Association.