Comfort Supply Launches Green Contractor Program
Comfort Supply, a wholesaler of Ruud HVAC equipment and supplies, has announced a Certified Green Contractor program to recognize HVAC contractors who make special efforts to be environmentally friendly. That is, in respect to the equipment installed and practices on the job site and in the office. The Certified Green Contractor program provides homeownerss with a way to identify which HVAC company has taken extra steps to reduce their carbon footprints and to do their work using the best earth-friendly practices.
HVAC contractors will earn points by executing green tasks. Once contractors generate 100 points, Comfort Supply will verify certification and award successful contractors with special graphics for uniforms, vehicles and correspondence. The company will list certified green contractors on its Web site, blog and newsletter.
To qualify, contractors must accumulate 100 points by establishing environmentally friendly policies, which include:
- Establishing certain recycling programs at your shop. (5 points)
- Establishing a recycling/reclamation program for refrigerant (10 points)
- Purchasing equipment and supplies in bulk and work to economize shipments. (10 points)
- Encourage carpooling to job sites. (10 points)
- Appoint someone to head up a green initiatives program and to hold employees accountable for green practices. (10 points)
- Keep jobsite clean and free of debris. (10 points)
- Earn four points for each high-efficiency HVAC unit properly installed (16 Seer and above).
- Earn six points for each complete geothermal HVAC unit properly installed.
Contractors who wish to participate in the program can contact Comfort Supply at 800-467-4235.