Ridge Tool Co. Completes New Distribution Center
Ridge Tool Co. completed its RIDGID North American distribution center in Cambridge, OH. The state-of-the-art distribution facility will enhance Ridge Tool's logistics capabilities and business practices.
Its new 125,000-sq.-ft. distribution center, which is about 50% larger than Ridge Tool's previous facility, began full operation at the end of November 2005.
Benefits of the new facility include:
- A new “Available-To-Promise” system that provides delivery date information on readily available parts, products and back orders. Distributors can check on the status of shipments 24/7 on ridgidconnect.com.
- Its operating system consolidates multiple shipments required to completely fill orders, reducing distributors' receiving costs.
- Distributors will receive a packing list for each parcel in the shipment in addition to the master packing list.
- Orders are being consolidated onto pallets or in larger cartons to reduce packaging damage during transportation.
- The operating system will speed the order fulfillment process.