Be Sure You Know: Network' 05 is going to be full of lots of valuable opportunity and benefit. But there are a lot of changes that have been made to ASA's traditional convention program pattern. Here are just a few things to note:
1. You will see all of your trading partners in one place, at one time. Network '05 is the result of combining ASA's Annual Convention with PHCC's Annual Convention, which means that wholesalers, manufacturers, reps, and contractors will all be under the same roof, attending the same program.
2. The program features “Channel Marketplace,” which is a one-day table-top exhibit expected to feature more than 200 manufacturers, who will focus their efforts to communicate all that is new, exciting and extremely marketable about their products and services.
3. An exciting combination of educational, industry and social programs being offered, featuring an inspiring and fascinating Keynote Presentation by the NASA team of Jim Lovell and Gene Kranz, the two most prominent figures in the Apollo 13 mission.
4. A compelling panel of industry figures representing all factions in our channel will tackle the subject of Supply Chain Value and how we can all work together to improve everyone's productivity and profitability. The panel will be led by noted supply chain expert and industry figure Kirk Alter.
5. A wide variety of seminars and workshops is planned, designed to offer something for everyone, including topics such as “Green Building,” “Manufacturer/Distributor Relationships,” “Managing Generations in the Workplace,” “Attitude is Everything,” and many more.
6. A dynamic panel, hosted by the IPD, which will feature industrial contractors talking about their expectations of their suppliers and manufacturers. And, an IPD luncheon program and IPD cocktail reception will be held exclusively for IPD members.
7. Our social program will include a combined Opening Reception, a Young Executives Reception, IPD Reception, as well as a great mix of vendor hospitality events and opportunities to get together to let your hair down after the day's activities.
8. The Disney Swan and Dolphin Hotels are a terrific location for this event, providing access to more than 45 restaurants within walking distance, so you can make dinner plans without worrying about transportation!
9. We'll take advantage of our location by offering one of the admired Disney Institute's management seminars as part of our convention program, as well as an optional “Disney Back-of-the-House Tour,” which draws rave reviews far and wide.
All of this doesn't change everything….there will be some of our traditional events as well….We'll continue to hold our ASA Member Luncheon as well as our traditional “General Session” with guest speaker and industry awards on the agenda.
SOME HUGE DIFFERENCESBe Sure You Know: Network' 05 is going to be full of lots of valuable opportunity and benefit. But there are a lot of changes that have been made to ASA's traditional convention program pattern. Here are just a few things to note:
A NEW STARTING TIME
Instead of kicking off the Convention with an Opening Reception, you will be invited to start with our ASA Member Luncheon Program. This program is for all wholesaler, manufacturer and rep members of ASA.
A DIFFERENT ORDER
Rather than having the General Session start in the morning, it will instead be scheduled after the ASA Member Luncheon Program.
A BIGGER CROWD
Our Opening Reception will be the first time that the ASA and PHCC memberships get together in one place. We'll still have the room arranged by geographic areas (to help you find your colleagues easier), but the conversations at this party will also include your contractor friends!
A FOCUS ON THE CHANNEL
Instead of offering the educational programs geared to help only one part of the channel, most of the sessions will be geared to be of interest to ALL who will be in attendance….our objectives are to bring change and improvement to our channel, not just to individual pieces of it.
NO BIG PRODUCT SHOW
Since ISH North America will be held again in 2006 (Chicago), this year we'll have table-top, conference booths only. Some product may be on hand to help demonstrate some new features or benefits, but the focus will be on the relationships.