- First Supply Group (Madison, Wis.) named Dick Adix chief operating officer. Adix has more than 23 years of experience in sales and the wholesale supply industry. Previously he served as vice president/general manager of the U.S. plumbing operations of Westburne Supply/Rexel Canada.
- American Plumbing & Mechanical (Round Rock, Texas) appointed David R. Muir to the new position of vice president/materials and supply chain management.
- American Plumber, manufacturer of water filtration products, named John Goebel regional sales manager for the East Coast.
Most recently he was regional manager in Worldwide Materials Operations at Intel Corp.
- Bradford White Corp. announced organizational changes at its manufacturing facilities in Middleville, Mich. Eric Lannes, formerly vice president/engineering, was promoted to vice president/general manager - Middleville facility. Len Rzepczynski was named vice president/materials management. He has been with the company since 1981. Michael Gordon joined the company as vice president/engineering. He had been director of engineering at Burnham Corp. Mark Taylor was named director of technical support and technology. He had been director of engineering.
- The Plumbing Manufacturers Institute rescheduled its fall meeting to Nov. 28-30 at the Hotel Inter-Continental in Chicago. For information, call 847/884-9764.
- Watts Industries has acquired the Powers Process Controls Division of Mark Controls Corp., a subsidiary of Crane Co. located in Skokie, Ill., and Mississauga, Ontario. Powers designs and manufactures thermostatic mixing valves for personal safety and process control applications in commercial and institutional facilities. Powers also manufactures control valves and commercial plumbing brass products including shower valves and lavatory faucets. Current annualized sales are about $20 million. Terms were not disclosed.
- The Granite Group Wholesalers LLC (Concord, N.H.) has agreed to acquire the assets of Jamie Plumbing & Heating Supply Co. of Exeter and South Hampton, N.H. Jamie Plumbing & Heating will become a member of The Granite Group and continue under the direction of Kevin Jones, founder and vice president.
The Granite Group, a regional distributor of plumbing, heating, water supplies, pipe, valves and fittings, serves New England with 17 branches. It operates under the names Capitol Plumbing and Heating, Central Supply, Goulet Pipe and Goulet Supply. Exeter, N.H.-based Jamie, which acquired Cynco Supply of South Hampton, N.H., in 1996, serves plumbing and heating contractors, commercial contractors and homebuilders in southeastern New Hampshire and northeastern Massachusetts.
- Crane Plumbing Corp. (Canada) has completed the acquisition of the major assets of Crane Canada¿s plumbing division. Crane Plumbing LLC (U.S.), a manufacturer and distributor of plumbing fixtures and specialty plumbing products in North America, markets products under the brand names Crane Plumbing, Fiat Products, Universal-Rundle, Showerite and Sanymetal.