The wholesaler began as a partnership between a plumber, William Kelly, and Dr. Porter, a local physician. In 1905 William Kelly and his brother Martin Kelly purchased the doctor's interest in the business and proceeded to expand. In 1995, Kelly Supply Co. opened its KDS Internet (KDSI) division to connect and serve the 13 branch communities and their surrounding areas.
Kelly Supply has three corporate goals:
- To exceed customer and vendor expectations;
- To improve purchasing procedures to give the best value for the dollar; and
- To remain competitive in the market place.
The company, now led by Jeff Kelly, Michael Kelly and K.C. Kelly, provides industrial maintenance, repair, operating supplies and service.