Goulds Water Technology, a Xylem brand, announced this year’s recipients of the Goulds Professional Deal Association (GPDA) scholarships. Sixteen students across the United States will each receive a $1,500 scholarship, totaling $24,000. Recipients were chosen based on academic standing, volunteerism and leadership skills. As a resource for GPDA members, the scholarship emphasizes the company’s support and commitment to independent dealers. The scholarships will help students obtain higher education at college or technical school.
“Every year, we have the opportunity and privilege of supporting 16 young students in pursuit of their dreams in higher education,” said Susan O’Grady, director of marketing, Building Services and Agriculture, Xylem. “Financial uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic still lingers for many families. Through these scholarships, we are honored to support our dealers’ families and contribute to these students’ future, success and professional development.”
GPDA is a network of independent water system professionals established in 1969 and is the industry’s oldest and largest dealers’ association. The professional network provides independent dealers with extensive technical and product training and has graduated more than 20,000 dealers and distributors from its education center. GPDA scholarship recipients are family members of GPDA members. Since its inception, the annual GPDA scholarship program has awarded more than $348,000 to 304 recipients.
The full list of the 2021 GPDA scholarship recipients:
- Grayson Wiggins – San Angelo, Texas – Water Logistics;
- Christopher Nagle – Hermitage, Pennsylvania – Parker Brothers Well Drilling;
- Erin Saunders – Westminster, Maryland – Legacy Septic and Excavation;
- Ashley Maggiora – Hollister, California – Maggiora Bros Drilling;
- Clayton Royall – Luling, Texas – Royall’s Windmill & Pump;
- Abbey Herendeen – Clifton Springs, New York – Herendeen Brother Corp.;
- Thomas Palermo – Monroe, Connecticut – A & A SystemsControl;
- Hannah Wheeler – Odessa, Texas – Wheeler Drilling;
- David Hartley – Chocorua, New Hampshire – Hartley Well Drilling;
- Jason Neidigh – Shippensburg, Pennsylvania – Rosenberry Septic Services;
- Calvin Christensen – Hartington, Nebraska – Christensen Well and Irrigation;
- Taylor Newman – Lithia, Florida – Kens Well Drilling;
- Jaxson Cadwallader – Atkinson, Nebraska – Schrunk Well Service;
- Lukas Adamek – Yoakum, Texas – Chandler Drilling;
- Caroline Hilliard – West End, North Carolina – Jack’s Supply; and
- Evelyn McKenny – Baldwin, Maryland – Sweet Air Plumbing.
To learn more about the Goulds Professional Dealer Association and GPDA scholarship, visit https://info.xyleminc.com/gpda-program.html.