AFC First Financial Corp., in partnership with West Penn Power Sustainable Energy Fund, has formed Keystone HELP (Home Energy Loan Program) to serve residential customers of Allegheny Power in western and central Pennsylvania. The program provides low interest loans to homeowners making home improvements that promote clean energy.
The new HVAC loan program offers special interest rate consideration to those utilizing:
- ENERGYSTAR® rated heating and air conditioning.
- ENERGYSTAR® rated windows, doors and siding.
- geothermal, solar and small wind systems and other qualifying home improvements.
Customers of Allegheny Power must contract their improvements with Keystone HELP program-approved contractors/dealers to access the low rates. These companies should meet AFC First's standards for quality and stability.
To become Keystone HELP-approved, a contractor/dealer must have a:
- minimum of three years in business, with a history of financial stability and evidence of $50,000 net worth or compensating factors.
- satisfactory company and personal credit histories.
- agreeable Better Business rating.
- acceptable customer and trade reference.
- overall reputation for a high level of service and workmanship.
The program is currently seeking contractors/dealers to add to its list of qualified vendors appearing on the Keystone Help Web site at www.keystonehelp.com. The application fee to become a dealer is $25. There are no additional costs or charges for the program. Visit the Web or call toll free at (888) AFC-FIRST (232-3477) for an application kit.