People in the news
- Management Information Systems Group, a supplier of e-commerce and EDI solutions, has made the following promotions: Tony Boyette to vice president/ technical services; Chris Gardner to vice president/marketing; David Davis to director/sales-strategic channels; and Earl Losey to director/sales-automotive.
- BuildPoint Corp. appointed Raj Matthew as its chief financial officer. Matthews was formerly the CFO and chief operating officer of PeopleWeb Communications.
- CAPS Logistics, a provider of logistics and supply-chain decision support software, appointed Chris Hane as chief technical officer and Eric Nilsson as vice president/development.
- OMware hired Rusty Ray and Dan Rich, former BuildNet senior account managers, to head up its new homebuilders unit.
- ImproveNet is operating an Installed Sales pilot program with The Home Depot in 15 California stores. Home Depot uses ImproveNet's contractors and project support staff to drive installed sales solutions. ImproveNet's Personal Project Advisers and field teams work with the homeowner, contractor and HD's associates.
- Citadon, a provider of Internet-based project collaboration services for the construction industry, raised an additional $19 million in financing from an investment group led by Warburg Pincus LLC. The funding will be used to further advance the firm's technology development.
- ConstructionJobs.com upgraded its site with advanced searching and screening capabilities. Clients can now post their job orders to or search resumes by multiple industries and job titles.
- Powers Process Controls recently upgraded its Web site (www.powerscontrols.com). New features include a search of product literature in a .pdf format, revised product categories and an updated valve-sizing program.