PMI Elects Officers, Sets Priorities
Among the actions taken at the meeting were:
- The PMI board approved Sanitary For All Ltd.'s membership application; approved a dues abatement plan to attract new members; and approved the redesign of the Web site.
- The Faucet and Shower/Tub-Shower Fittings Joint Product Group formed a task group to develop language to eliminate inconsistencies for NSF 61 testing of side sprays on kitchen faucets.
- The Flushing Devices and Fixture Joint Product Group developed a task group to determine the proper action to the water closet testing done by NAHB Research Center.
- The Government Affairs Committee reported on issues; the PMI board voted to dissolve the PMI PAC.
- The Information Technology Committee agreed to send an email of the proposed syllabus to the PMI I.T. members to find out the level of interest in a two-day I.T. workshop. Copies of PMI's "Internet Use" survey were distributed to members. The committee voted to recommend changing its name to "E-Business Committee."
- The Trade Show Consolidation Issue Committee will track trade show trends such as attendees, exhibitors, location, etc. A meeting was set with NAHB to discuss PMI's revenue-neutral concept.
- The Universal Conformity Assessment Issue Committee formed a task group to identify new strategies to eliminate the unnecessary duplication of NSF 61 certifications.