Appointed president of the Group is Craig Kiefer, a 30-year veteran of the carbon steel distribution business. He began his career at Tyler-Dawson, where he held positions in operations, inventory control, inside sales, and management, and has spent the past 24 years with SISCO, which he co-founded in 1979 and became president of shortly thereafter.
Other managers named to Carbon Products Group positions include:
- Mary Stickler, formerly president of Edgen's Thomas Pipe division, is vice president of product sales.
- Roy Meridith has been appointed vice president of field sales and business development. He had previously served as vice president of business development for SISCO.
- Greg Baker has been named director of materials management for carbon pipe. He had been Edgen's product manager for ERW and seamless carbon pipe.
- Ray Brady is director of materials management for carbon piping components. He comes to Edgen from SISCO.
- Jim Clark has been appointed director of inside sales. He had been serving as district sales manger of the company's Baton Route and Houston offices.
- Karen Brown, another former SISCO employee, is director of customer service.
The carbon divisions of Edgen provide a national and international client base with pipe and piping components, as well as services, for a wide range of industry applications. Florida-based Bartow Steel is a leading provider of carbon steel pipe, fittings, and flanges and is the nation's No. 1 distributor of abrasive-resistant pipe. Resource Pipe Co., headquartered in Colorado, is a major provider of prime carbon steel pipe, as well as coated steel pipe and Grade B fittings and flanges. SISCO, located in Houston, is one of the nation's largest stocking distributors of finished high-yield fittings and flanges to the pipeline and gas transmission industries. Louisiana-based Thomas Pipe has an inventory of 5,000 sizes and grades of carbon steel pipe that include large O.D., heavy walls, and X-grade line pipe.
Established in 1996, Edgen Corp. serves the world's energy, process, and power industries as a leading provider of prime carbon steel pipe, specialty pipe, valves, fittings, flanges, structural steel products, and services. The Baton Rouge-based company has over $200 million in annual revenues and seven operating divisions: Bartow Steel, ProMetals, Radnor Alloys, Resource Pipe Co., Service Industrial Supply Co., Thomas Pipe and Thomas Steel. Through its 20-plus locations in North America and Asia, Edgen offers industry-leading inventory diversity, order fulfillment capabilities and customer service.