KBISNeXT Stage brings fresh programming and dynamic conversations to KBIS 2020
The Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) revealed the A-list lineup planned for the NKBA presents KBISNeXT Stage. A cornerstone of the KBISNeXT Experience and one of the show’s most popular destinations, the KBISNeXT Stage delves into provocative industry topics and brings a whole new energy to the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, throughout the three-day show, January 21-23, 2020. More than 15 programs, including four awards events, 50-plus industry-leading voices and personalities, and topics ranging from health and wellness and resilient design to business development make up the 2020 roster.
“We are really excited about this year’s lineup of programming on the KBISNeXT Stage,” said Suzie Williford, executive vice president of industry relations and chief strategy officer of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, which owns KBIS. “Each year, the topics and presenters are compelling and informative, but 2020 truly is bringing a new level of talent and insights. The KBIS NeXT Stage is shaping up to be a can’t-miss destination, for sure!”
The KBISNeXT Stage is free to all registrants. The following is a preview of the enlightening and entertaining sessions scheduled for the 2020 KBISNeXT Stage:
Panel discussions and presentations
- Death to neutrals? Fearless design and bold business: Color is back and brighter than ever. Learn from designers who aren't afraid of mixing it up to make a big impact! Think big to stand out. Tap into fearlessness to find your niche, develop your personal design aesthetic and grow your brand.
- DesignBites: Ten of the most innovative kitchen and bath brands take the stage for a rapid-fire introduction of their newest product launches. Plus, where are they now? Host Kelli Ellis celebrates the 5th anniversary of DesignBites with a look back at some of the program’s most successful participants.
- The dawn of a decade: Five things you need to know about the next phase of living at home. We'll be diving into the future of design, technology, wellness, AI and how they intersect to impact our lives and businesses.
- The design connection 101 — behind the wall: We're changing the conversation between designers and home-technology integrators. Here's what you need to know to plug in and leverage relationships with the supporting industries to grow your piece of the project pie.
- A conversation with Matthew Quinn: Join Chelsie Butler, executive editor of KBB Magazine, and KBB’s “Person of the Year,” Matthew Quinn, principal of Design Galleria and the Matthew Quinn Collection, as they dish about design and his newest projects, programs and partners.
- Power in partnerships — Building relationships between brands and designers: The KBISNeXT Stage is jumping into matchmaking! We'll discuss partnerships between brands and designers. Learn how each side can benefit, as well as what to be cautious of when looking to build impactful relationships.
- Zero waste kitchens: Upcycle and recycle: Why toss perfectly good appliances, cabinetry, countertops, faucets and lighting fixtures? Keeping these out of landfills is one of the core goals of responsible building, according to the U.S. Green Building Council. So what do you need to know to extend the life of a former project? Learn from the designers who are breathing a second life into gently used kitchens.
- The fine print: It takes more than a watermark to protect your business, your ingenuity, your style and your profits. Safeguard your work and agreements with tight contracts. Learn how to successfully market your work online and avoid the theft of your intellectual property.
- Be the boss, build your brand: Strengthen your skills as a leader in your organization. We'll share new strategies to help you get the most from your team, nurture an entrepreneurial environment and retain top talent. Potential new clients have many options when selecting whom to trust. To increase your project win rate, you need to know how to set yourself apart in a saturated market. We've assembled a high-powered panel of pros who are doing it right.
- Avenues to new revenue: A road map to improving your bottom line: Tap into new revenue sources and learn from successful designers who have launched retail initiatives using online, social and brick-and-mortar methods.
- How to win at wellness: We've curated the top five projects that highlight purpose-driven design. Learn how the masters have tapped into the tech, wellness and living in place markets to drive business growth. Avoid toxic design mistakes, because a truly healthy home starts from the ground up.
- Resilient design: Good design saves lives: From severe weather, wildfires and flooding, resilient design has become a hot topic in design and construction. What steps can we take to mitigate the risk of living in disaster-prone areas?
- NKBA designer finds: These savvy design pros have scoured the KBIS show floor and are bringing their top finds to the stage! Come see and hear what they discovered.
- The evolution of social — Social leaders group: It's 2020. Social media should be an important part of your marketing strategy, but getting it right is more complicated than ever. We'll explore the new rules for content, search, tagging, voice and platform best practices.
- Awards and recognitions: The award goes to … the much-anticipated Best of KBIS Awards and Best of KBIS Booth Awards are back once again to honor the game-changing brands and products of the kitchen and bath industry. Also, back after a successful debut in 2019, the 30s Choice Awards makes its return. These NKBA movers and shakers will present awards for the products that inspired them most at the show. New for 2020 is the NKBA Renovation Angel Luxury Recycled Kitchen Awards. The NKBA and KBIS will celebrate the brands and designers who partner to keep gently used kitchens part of the design formula.
Also new for 2020, Houzz, the leading platform for home renovation and design, is the title sponsor for the KBISNeXT Stage.
“At Houzz, we are always looking for ways to bring value to professionals in the home renovation and design space,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of industry marketing at Houzz. “We’re thrilled to help bring KBISNeXT Stage programming to pros this year, and look forward to seeing them both around the stage area and at our nearby booth.”
Check kbis.com for updates on timing and dates for all KBISNeXT Stage panels and presentations.
Registration is open for KBIS 2020, the largest North American kitchen and bath industry event. Join more than 40,000 attendees and 600 brands to celebrate all that’s new in the industry.