- Most scrap metal producer prices dipped month-over-month in February, dropping 4.1% M/M. On a year-over-year basis, they were down more sharply by 9.9%. The volatility of the scrap market remains subject to tariff discussions and the exemptions that have been granted.
Key factors that could affect supply or price:
- Health construction: Construction of healthcare facilities was higher by 1.6% on a seasonally adjusted annual rate through January. This remains one of the stronger sectors in construction with national demographic trends supporting long-term growth in the sector.
- Education construction: National trends in education construction (state and federal) were strong with construction spending rising 2.5% on a seasonally adjusted annual basis through January.
- Oil and Gas: as mentioned prior, although rig counts were moderately elevated, future industry trends support more continued investment and construction activity.
- Mission Critical and Data Center: Generally, data center construction trends are still bullish.
The American Supply Association (ASA) and its Industrial Piping Division (IPD) is the national organization serving wholesaler-distributors and their suppliers in the industrial and mechanical pipe-valve-fitting industry. As a powerful alliance of channel partners, we provide a forum for your upstream trading partners to exchange critical information and address key issues.
In particular, ASA’s IPD members constantly check the pulse of the materials and commodities they proudly supply to you. ASA’s IPD members are knowledgeable industry leaders, and those who volunteer their service on the IPD Executive Council compile and prepare the IPD Commodity Reports. The Reports contain some of the most current and qualified market data and information available from the industry’s leading manufacturers and distributors about emerging trends and other price-influencing actions and events.
This information is an example of how ASA’s IPD manufacturer and distributor members are constantly looking ahead to ensure you have information and resources you need to be successful. Learn more at www.AdvanceYourAbility.com.