2018 Houzz design predictions for the kitchen
Concrete accents, wallpaper-like backsplash tile and vintage lighting are among the top 5 kitchen design trend predictions for 2018 from home remodeling and design platform Houzz. Check out the full list below.
1. More color in kitchens. White will always be a classic palette for kitchens. But its increased popularity means there’s going to be interest fatigue as homeowners look for ways to make their space personalized and unique. So while white kitchens aren’t going anywhere, expect to see a rise in color, especially other neutrals like blue and gray. Plus, warm wood tones are becoming a popular replacement for painted cabinets, leading to sophisticated palettes.
2. No more white or stainless steel sinks. Expect more concrete, stone, copper and granite composite sinks in darker hues of gray, bronze or black.
3. Vintage lighting. Home professionals are reporting more interest in vintage-style fixtures, such as aged copper pendant lights.
4. Concrete accents. Concrete has always been a popular material choice, but don't be surprised to see it in more unexpected ways, such as in furniture, decorative accessories, wallcoverings, countertops and tile.
5. Wallpaper-like backsplash. Several fascinating tile styles captured the attention of visitors to the the International Exhibition of Ceramic Tile and Bathroom Furnishings, or CERSAIE, which took place in September in Bologna, Italy. There’s new tile that looks like wood, concrete, resin, fabric and even wallpaper. The latter is prized for offering the elaborate pattern look of modern-day wallpapers while being durable enough to wipe down with a sponge and detergent.