- MARKET SECTORS
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Morris Beschloss: The Beschloss Perspective
- Hank Darlington: Showrooms
- Jim Wheeler: HVAC
- Rick Johnson: Distribution Management
- Dick Friedman: Tech Tips
- Mike Miazga: In Closing
- Safety Columnists
- ASA President’s Letter
- Josh Brown: Generation Y Insights
- PVF OUTLOOK
- PB OUTLOOK
Bradford White Corp. continued its industry support by again donating $15,000 to the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) for their 2013 student scholarship fund. This year the PHCC Education Foundation and the PHCC National Auxiliary each received $7,500.
The PHCC Educational Foundation’s Scholarship Committee met in late July and selected winners for the three $2,500 awards sponsored by Bradford White. This year’s scholarship award recipients were:
- Steven McGillof Glen Burnie, Md. who is working full-time at PHCC member McAllister Plumbing Inc., and is enrolled in the Maryland PHCC Apprentice Program;
- Gregory Biermanof La Mesa, Calif. who is working full-time at PHCC member My Plumber in San Diego, and is enrolled in the PHCC of San Diego Plumbing Apprentice Program;
- and Kaleb Thompson of El Cajon, Calif. who is working full-time at PHCC member Sun West Plumbing in San Diego, and is enrolled in the PHCC of San Diego Plumbing Apprentice Program.
PHCC CONNECT 2013
The remaining $7,500 in Bradford White’s scholarship support is awarded through the PHCC National Auxiliary, with winners to be announced during the PHCC—National Association convention; CONNECT 2013 in Las Vegas, October 16-19. The PHCC National Auxiliary is comprised of state and local chapters located throughout the country. The scholarships are designed to attract and support new talent that is essential to the future of the plumbing and HVACR industry.
“Bradford White is happy to lend our support to developing skilled, professional technicians,” said Carl Pinto, director of marketing for Bradford White. “We know that our products will perform their best when they are installed by a trained professional. Everyone wins with a program like this.” Bradford White has sponsored the scholarships since 2003, with $165,000 in total awards provided to students.