- MARKET SECTORS
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Morris Beschloss: The Beschloss Perspective
- Hank Darlington: Showrooms
- Jim Wheeler: HVAC
- Rick Johnson: Distribution Management
- Dick Friedman: Tech Tips
- Mike Miazga: In Closing
- Safety Columnists
- ASA President’s Letter
- Josh Brown: Generation Y Insights
- PVF OUTLOOK
- PB OUTLOOK
The boilers can leak gas, posing a fire hazard to consumers.
The gas-fired boilers are white, wall-mounted and have “Viessmann” and “Vitodens 200” printed on the exterior in silver letters. The model and serial numbers included in the recall are:
- Model numbers - WB2 6-24C, WB2 6-24, WB2 8-32, WB2 11-44 and WB2 15-60.
- Serial numbers - 7167063xxxxxxxxx or 7170317xxxxxxxxx; 7167064xxxxxxxxx or 7170318xxxxxxxxx; 7167065xxxxxxxxx or 7170319xxxxxxxxx; 7167066xxxxxxxxx or 7188578xxxxxxxxx; and 7167067xxxxxxxxx or 7188577xxxxxxxxx.
The model number is located on the silver rating plate on the side of the boiler. Open the boiler and locate the serial number on a white label on the side of the boiler, or under the bottom support panel. If the serial number's 8th digit (listed in red) is a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6, the boiler is included in the recall.
Vitodens 100 boilers are not included in this recall.
No injuries have been reported, but consumers should stop using the boilers immediately, weather permitting, and contact their certified heating contractor or Viessmann for a free replacement of the boiler’s O-ring.
For additional information, contact Viessmann U.S., toll-free, at 888/414-9157, visit the firm’s Web site at www.viessmann-us.com, or email the firm at email@example.com
To see this release on CPSC’s Web site, including pictures of the recalled product, go to www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09002.html.