Parallel and Series Pumping Systems
Does parallel pumping REALLY double the flow? Does series pumping REALLY double the total pumping head? In this webinar, we will explore how these two pumping strategies can be used to enhance performance in many applications. We will look at the practical advantages and challenges that are encountered – with particular emphasis on how flow and head are truly impacted in a variety of scenarios. We will expose some of the common misconceptions and mistakes that are made – and provide strategies for assuring that your parallel or series pumping system will function as intended.
Participants will learn and/or understand how to:
- Define parallel pumping and series pumping
- Explain the purpose of each of these two designs
- Describe common misconceptions and resulting errors
- Use performance curves to demonstrate relative parallel and series pumping performance
- Demonstrate the role of the system curve in determining actual performance outcomes