HVAC

Advanced learning

No matter the experience level, there always is knowledge to be gained.
No Comments
Tim McElwain runs the Gas Training Institute in Warren, R.I. I don’t think there’s anyone better than Tim when it comes to teaching about gas. He’s been at it for decades and is an industry treasure.
Read More

2012 AHR Expo: Part 2

Some observations on air quality, solar and energy conservation.
By Jim Wheeler
No Comments

After walking miles and miles through Chicago’s McCormick Place at the 2012 AHR Expo and hitting virtually every HVACR-related booth over a continuous eight hours to the point where I could hardly stand, I welcomed the opportunity on the second day to sit through several programs put on by manufacturers - but I was one of the few. Later in the day, there were only two of us in the room to listen to a couple of very interesting presentations on products that I had missed on my walk the day before.

Read More

OBITUARY: Karl Larson of Gustave A. Larson Co.

No Comments
The family has requested that gifts in memory of Karl Larson be made to the University of Colorado Foundation, in lieu of flowers. Gifts will be used for the Karl Larson HVAC Research Fund.
Read More

Personal touch

New products and technologies at the 2012 AHR Expo emphasize added value for end users.
By John McNally
No Comments
While attendance was certainly the talk of the 2012 AHR Expo held in late January at McCormick Place in Chicago, an equally great buzz was generated by the many new air-conditioning, heating, and refrigeration products and technologies on display.
Read More

Hydronics 2.0

What's changed over the last two decades, and where are we headed?
No Comments
I began writing about hydronic systems for Supply House Times’ parent company BNP Media about 16 years ago. Back then, each column was created on a boxy little Macintosh computer with a 9-in. screen, printed on a dot matrix printer and saved on a 3.5-in. floppy disk. Every month, a printed copy of the column along with the floppy disk were mailed to the editors.
Read More

The bling thing

Pad and pencil or the iPad? Does it matter?
No Comments
Back in my rep days, the vice president of our company was a flashy guy with a gold lion’s head ring the size of a golf ball, an even bigger, fancier watch and a Cadillac that had a three-body trunk. He replaced that car every two years, alternating between an all white one and an all black one.
Read More

2012 AHR Expo: Part 1

Food for thought on refrigerants, coils and high-efficiency systems.
By Jim Wheeler
No Comments
Last year, at this same time I wrote that experts at the 2011 AHR Expo warned there might be severe refrigerant shortages and price increases due to the lack of a key ingredient, fluorspar from China. Although there have indeed been some drastic price increases, especially when it comes to R22, the shortages simply didn’t happen. Why not? Well, according to one source, everything became available for the right price. Need I say more?
Read More

Noritz celebrates 10th anniversary with contractor promotion

No Comments
By submitting warranty registrations on Noritz products installed between March 1 and Dec. 31, 2012, participating contractors will earn chances to win prizes in monthly and quarterly drawings.
Read More

Jacuzzi enters tankless water heater business

No Comments
Bath and spa products manufacturer Jacuzzi Group Worldwide recently announced it has expanded its product portfolio to include a new collection of energy-efficient tankless water heaters, powered by natural gas or propane.
Read More

The Little Red Schoolhouse offers certified LEED credits

No Comments
The school’s Large Chilled Water Design Seminar and Modern Hydronic System Design Basic Seminar are the pump industry’s first courses to be approved by GBCI to provide credit toward the credential maintenance requirements of the LEED Green Associate and LEED AP certifications.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

BNP Media's Plumbing Group Visits Grundfos North American Headquarters

BNP Media’s Plumbing Group, comprised of the Plumbing & Mechanical, Supply House Times, PM Engineer (pme) and Reeves Journal brands, recently visited Grundfos’ new North American headquarters building in the western Chicago suburb of Downers Grove, Ill.

8/26/14 1:00 pm EST

Free Webinar: Low Temperature Heat Emitter Options in Hydronic Systems

With proper design, you can create systems that require supply water temperatures no higher than 120° F under design load conditions.

Supply House Times

July 2014

2014 July

In the July issue of Supply House Times, find out who has been appointed as Southern Wholesalers Association's new president. Milwaukee Valve showcases its operations to the Newport News Shipbuilding, Robertson Heating Supply hits a milestone as they celebrate their 80th year in business. Read about the 12th annual training day led by Security Supply, find out who has acquired several Kohler store locations. Also check out the latest products and news for the distribution industry.
Table Of Contents Subscribe

Supply House Times Poll

Back to School

It’s back-to-school time, how do you stay knowledgeable on the industry:
View Results Poll Archive

The Supply House Times Store

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

CS-OflRGBhomepage.jpgWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

Premier 125

Premier 125 button

The information SUPPLY HOUSE TIMES uses to rank the Premier 125 is the most accurate we can gather. It is primarily based on responses to a questionnaire we send to the wholesalers in our database, supplemented with information obtained from industry reports and estimates.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook Twitter Updated icon Youtube Updated icon    LinkedIn Updated icon  Google+