- MARKET SECTORS
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Morris Beschloss: The Beschloss Perspective
- Hank Darlington: Showrooms
- Jim Wheeler: HVAC
- Rick Johnson: Distribution Management
- Dick Friedman: Tech Tips
- Mike Miazga: In Closing
- Safety Columnists
- ASA President’s Letter
- Josh Brown: Generation Y Insights
- PVF OUTLOOK
- PB OUTLOOK
The winners of the 2012 AHR Expo Innovation Awards have been chosen and will be honored at a special ceremony in Chicago during the exposition and conference Jan. 23-25. A record number of companies entered the competition this year, generating nearly $12,000 in entry fees, which will be donated to a charitable organization in the Chicago area. Since the inception of the Innovation Award Competition in 2003, more than $100,000 has been donated to charitable organizations and educational institutions in the cities where the AHR Expo was held.
Representing a broad cross-section of the HVACR marketplace, the winning entries were selected in 10 categories. A panel of judges made up of ASHRAE members evaluated the products submitted based on innovation, application, value to the user and market impact.
One of the 10 category winners will also be selected as the winner of the 2012 AHR Expo Product of the Year Award. Winners receive placards to display at their booths during the show as well as an etched crystal award to be displayed at their company’s headquarters.
The winners of the 2012 AHR Expo Innovation Awards are:
- Building Automation: Geofinity Manufacturing’s ORB heat pump controller.
- Cooling: Emerson Climate Technologies’ Copeland Scroll variable-speed compressor.
- Green Building: ClimaCool Corp.’s SHC onDEMAND simultaneous heating and cooling heat pump system.
- Heating: Enerconcept Technologies’ Lubi Wall wall-mounted solar air heater.
- Indoor Air Quality: E+E Elektronik Ges. m.b.H.’s EE245 wireless transmitter.
- Plumbing: Rheem Manufacturing Co.’s XR90 Extreme Recovery gas water heater.
- Refrigeration: Emerson Climate Technologies’ Copeland Scroll K5 refrigeration compressor.
- Software: Emerson Climate Technologies’ HVACR Mobile Toolbox For Contractors.
- Tools & Instruments: Fluke Corp.’s TiR1 thermal imager.
- Ventilation: Melink Corp.’s Intelli-Hood kitchen ventilation control.
Honorable MentionsIn addition, 31 other products are recognized with Honorable Mentions in these same 10 categories and will also be given placards to display in their booths.
- Building Automation: American Auto-Matrix AspectFT family energy management and BAS solution.
- Cooling: ClimateMaster’s Tranquility 22 Digital Series geothermal heat pump; Danfoss Turbocor Compressors’ TT400 380V high-efficiency compressor; Enertech Global’s GeoComfort Compass GXT Series vertical geothermal heat pump; McQuay International’s Daikin McQuay Rebel commercial rooftop unit; and Seeley International’s Breezair Icon Series evaporative air conditioner.
- Green Building: Columbus Industries’ MICRO SHIELD mini pleat filter; Enertech Global’s TETCO Geothermal ES4 Series TXT vertical heat pump; and Lochinvar’s Strato-Therm+ solar thermal storage tank.
- Heating: Lochinvar’s CREST condensing boiler; Mestek’s HeatNet Integrated Control Platform condensing hydronic-heating boiler; and Uponor’s Radiant Ready 30E mechanical room package.
- Indoor Air Quality: Building Automation Products’ CO2 sensor; Panasonic Home & Environment Co.’s WhisperSense-Lite ventilation fan-light; and Sanuvox Technologies’ R+ in-duct UV system.
- Plumbing: CAN2GO (SCL Elements) DA2 intelligent wireless valve actuator; and Webstone Co.’s Hyrdo-Core hydronic manifold system.
- Refrigeration: Alfa Laval’s AXP brazed heat exchanger; and Testo’s 570 refrigeration system analyzer.
- Software: Alerton’s Building Suite 3 automation/energy management software; Data-Basics’ TechAnywhere mobile field service software; J2 Innovations’ FIN Builder building automation software; and Service Automation’s SAWIN MOBILE wireless service software.
- Tools & Instruments: Appion’s Tez Speed System HVAC system evacuator; Fieldpiece Instruments’ LT17AW digital multimeter; and Goodway Technologies Corp.’s RAM Pro tube cleaner.
- Ventilation: American Louver Co.’s EP diffuser; DuctSox Corp.’s SkeleCore in-duct cylindrical tensioning device; and Ruskin Co’s HPG3845 FEMA grille.
The Innovation Awards are jointly sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute and the International Exposition Co.
Source: International Exposition Co.