- MARKET SECTORS
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Morris Beschloss: The Beschloss Perspective
- Hank Darlington: Showrooms
- Jim Wheeler: HVAC
- Rick Johnson: Distribution Management
- Dick Friedman: Tech Tips
- Mike Miazga: In Closing
- Safety Columnists
- ASA President’s Letter
- Josh Brown: Generation Y Insights
- PVF OUTLOOK
- PB OUTLOOK
InformationWeek identifies and honors the nation’s most innovative users of information technology with its annual 500 listing and also tracks the technology, strategies, investments and administrative practices of America’s best-known companies.
“For 23 years, the InformationWeek 500 has chronicled and honored the most innovative users of business technology,” said InformationWeek Editor In Chief Rob Preston. “In this day and age, however, being innovative isn’t enough. Companies and their IT organizations need to innovate faster than ever before to stay a step or two ahead of their customers, partners and competitors. This year’s ranking placed special emphasis on those high-octane business technology innovators.”
The HD Supply information technology team avoided more than $1.2 million in license purchases and eliminated more than $200,000 in annual maintenance cost by developing this comprehensive management suite in-house. The management suite includes:
- The Configuration Management Database for capturing more than 9,000 infrastructure and application components and their interdependencies;
- More than 23,000 monitors tracking servers, databases, network circuits, application services and transaction response times;
- Digital dashboards that present real-time data to HD Supply’s IT team for faster decision making; and
- The company’s Help Desk ticket management system that provides automated routing to the right support team for more than 13,000 calls, incidents and change requests each month.
“HD Supply is truly honored to be recognized among the top 200 business technology innovators by InformationWeek,” said Michele Markham, HD Supply senior vice president and chief information officer. “Developing this comprehensive management suite has produced a series of big wins for our company, including significant cost avoidance and elimination, the exiting of 21 datacenters, the creation of a Global Help Desk for IT support and the establishment of a stable, scalable and centralized infrastructure to serve our customers.”
Source: HD Supply.