- MARKET SECTORS
- Dan Holohan: Heating Help
- Morris Beschloss: The Beschloss Perspective
- Hank Darlington: Showrooms
- Jim Wheeler: HVAC
- Rick Johnson: Distribution Management
- Dick Friedman: Tech Tips
- Mike Miazga: In Closing
- Safety Columnists
- ASA President’s Letter
- Josh Brown: Generation Y Insights
- PVF OUTLOOK
- PB OUTLOOK
This year’s theme is “We Deserve Better.” The World Toilet Organization (WTO) stands up for the 3 “WEs” in the theme:
- Toilets deserve better social status. The WTO has been striving to elevate the status of toilets to make them status symbols and objects of desire. The WTO speaks on behalf of toilets - “We deserve better social status.”
- The second WE concerns the toilet cleaners. The WTO aims to professionalize the sanitation and restroom industry and to upgrade the skill sets of the restroom cleaners. The WTO speaks on behalf of the toilet cleaners - “We deserve better pay, respect and prospects.”
- The WTO speaks on behalf of 2.5 billion toilet-less people - “We deserve proper toilets.”
Since 2001, World Toilet Day has become a global platform for academics, sanitation experts, toilet designers, environmentalists, etc., to share the latest on rural and urban toilets.
The World Toilet Organization asks each individual, in his or her respective country, to request better equality (more facilities for women); more accessibility and special provisions (for the disabled and mothers with babies); clean toilets (for everyone); and more toilets (for the less fortunate).
For more information on World Toilet Day and other WTO initiatives, go to www.worldtoilet.org.